It is available only in English.
Do you think to come and organize your camp in Hungary?
It is a smart choice. Why? Read more.
I think there are 5 important fact what you need to consider about your summer camp
- In Summer you would like to enjoy the SUN and the warm and possible dry weather. Correct?
- If yes. Hungary is a good choice as in July-August the temperature is about 25-32°C at daytime. Check out the weather statistics from 2014 here.
- As our Scout Centre Budapest lies in a valley it is colder during the early and late hours so you can sleep well, but during the day time is hot again.
- Camp Site (& the staff behind)
- Our camp site is beautiful, as we have a great mixture of territories. We are located in a valley. We have nice green sites, meadows, and forest as well. So every group can have their own private space.
- We are the largest Scout Centre in Hungary. ♣ We are the closest Scout Centre to Budapest. ♣ Do you need more reason to visit us? 🙂
- We provide an “open-air” summer kitchen where you can cook your own food, or you can order hot / cold meals from us. Both is possible.
- We offer you various adventures both: off site and on site activities as well…
- We have about 50-150 guests same time on site so you do not feel alone, but it is not owercrowded like in jamborees.
- We are Hungarian scouts. Scouts are helpful and Hungarians are world famous about it’s hospitality. Do you need more reason to come?
- We are alwasy helpful to prepare your programme at our office in the Scout Centre. ♣ We have city plans, guide books, hiking maps and everything what you need for your holiday to enjoy.
- It is important for leaders to have the possibiliti to be able to organize a camp with full of adventures programmes. Here at Scout Centre Budaest is possible!
- We can organize you the following off site programmes: canoeing on the Danube River ♣ Biking tour in Budapest ♣ Extrem Caving tours ♣ Hiking tours around the hills of Budapest ♣ Visiting Balaton Uplands National Park for 2-3 days to enjoy the biggest hot lake in Central Europe without the salty taste of the seas
- We have every thursday our international camp fire, where you can learn new games from eachothers and find new friends from different nations. ♣ We can teach your group how to cook the traditional world famous goulash suop or the lángos – if you want! 🙂
- You can help us running the Centre as wel, so if you would like to do volunteer work you are really welcome! 🙂 (We are looking for summer volunteers and children animators for running our camps! ♣ And what about the lasertag?
- Budget is one of the most imoprtant. There is a lot of possibility which is nice but not affordable for scouts because of the limit of our money.
- Getting to Hungary
- Hungary is a very price-value destination. You can plan your trip with a lot of low-cost airlines, such as Ryanair or WizzAir. (If you purchase the WizzAir Clubcard you can save 10€ / flight ticket!) ♣ You can arrive by International Trains or with Eurolines to Budapest.
- We suggest you to try out two travel planner website. Skyscanner for flights or Rome2Rio. Usually the earlier you book, the cheaper you can travel to us!
- We can organize your private luggage + personal transportation from / to your trainstation/airport.
- Transportation within Hungary
- Inbound transportation is very cheep 150km one-way U26 ticket for EU citisens is 2.500 HUF = 8 EUR / person. (This is the distance from Budapest to Balaton)
- Public Transport within Budapest is also cheep for groups. Group ticket for 2-5 persons for 24 hrs is 3.300 HUF = 10 EUR (=2 EUR /person for 24hours!!!)
- We are 2,5 hours from the Budapest Airport with public transportation and 60 minutes with private busses
- Food and beverages
- It is really up to you. BUT if you cook for your selves you can calculate with 3-4 EUR / person for 3 times meal.
- Daily hot-meal menüs are around 990-1.500 HUF / person = 4-5 EUR depending where you eat this (usually it is a soup+main dish + drink) Do not beleive it? Check out the i.e. the Tesco prices here.
- Going out
- First of all Ruin pubs in the Downtown of Budapest/Pest side. Entry is free or max 1.000 HUF
- Drinks: Beer is from 1.6 EUR (500-900 HUF)
- Eating in a restaurant: Main courses from 2.500 HUF (8.3€)
- For Leaders and Parents safety comes first. We think the same.
- Hungary is a safe country. Of course Budapest -as every big city in the World – has some quaters which are not so nice or safe.
- We have a first aid box at our Scout Centre, although we are on the border of Budapest the ambulance car is within 30 mins on site. (Tested…)
- Health care:
- Lot of our scout fellows works in hospitals so we can help you if you need emergency treatments. If you are an EU citisen and you have your EHIC (formerly E-111 card) you do need to pay only for the medicines in most of the cases.)
I am sure you have more question. This is normal. 🙂 Please write us an e-mail and we can help you to organize your trip to Hungary & Scout Centre Budapest. We can help you to find good hostels, camping places, Hungarian Scout Groups and even we can help calculating your budget as well…